Chris Pfeiffer - Miracle Man!

The stunting legend?s back in India!By:Kartik Ware |Published :April 06, 2011

I remember it clearly. Ten months ago, I was spellbound as I watched Chris Pfeiffer work his magic, sending the crowd into a frenzy. Last Sunday, I met him on his second visit to India, and I thought, ‘Hmm. The first time’s always special. Maybe I won’t be as swayed this time around.’ Right, no?

However, as Pfeiffer executed a long - really long - rolling stoppie on the BMW S1000RR while heading towards me, I was bewitched all over again. And when his helmet gently nudged my head, it drove an important realisation home - it doesn’t matter how many times I’ve seen him perform; my jaw will always hit the ground and my hands will always shake with excitement when Chris Pfeiffer rides a motorcycle.

And I fear I’ll never know what it is that makes us all go crazy. I mean, of course, it’s the fact that he can make a motorcycle seem lighter on its feet than a ballet dancer and he can make his F800 do things that I can’t do on a bicycle even in my dreams. But it’s more than that - perhaps it’s the showmanship, the way he plays to the crowd, the sheer joy on his face when he’s pulling a high-chair wheelie mere feet away from the crowd - what I can’t explain is why my brain switches to ‘surreal’ mode when he’s performing. But I’m sure glad that Red Bull keeps bringing him back!

Read on -> Click Next Page ->

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.