RAJPUTANA CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES – THE NANDI

Rajputana Customs makes a rocking mod. We ride itBy:Kyle Pereira |Published :April 18, 2011 Are you sure you're okay with me taking a spin?' I asked Vijay Singh Ajairajpura, the lad behind Rajputana Customs, as I hung around near Nandi, his latest creation.


'Sure, go on and don't forget to give it as much stick as you can!' he shot back at my apparent hesitation. For crying out aloud, here I am, being coerced into riding this motorcycle that is to be packed in a couple of hours, destined for a long truck ride to its new owner sitting pretty in far away Orissa.


As I had observed in my walk around the motorcycle prior to getting aboard, Nandi seems like it was built around its huge rear tyre. By huge, I mean gargantuan, because this mass of rubber is a whole 300mm job. A slashed fender skims a few hair-widths above the tyre and your butt oscillates on a sprung piece of seat that's been wrapped in leather. A metallic green-and-off-white paint job adds the necessary effect and vies with the chrome for glory in the sun. Copper tubing neatly conceals the wiring while it runs toward the rear. Move up towards the front and you're greeted, no make that mauled, by the springer forks that have been fabricated in-house.

Click Page 2 ->

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.